Systemtray breakout notes

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:51:12 UTC 2014

On Friday 17 January 2014, Martin Klapetek wrote:

> I think this raises another question though - if you add any applet on the
> panel, will it also share the systray popup? And if not, which I really
> think it should not, then the calendar should stay its own popup because
> it's not part of the systray. Also think of configurations where the clock
> is not beside the systray, in those configs it would be...bad :)
>
> So imho, keep the calendar to its own popup, it's not part of systray and
> it should never be.

unless (radical) the systray becomes a panel containment type and decides by
itself what of its applets will end up in that popup.

then if the user creates another panel, if there is a "systray" panel already
in, a "normal" panel would be created.

hmm, ok, it sounds really weird, yes :p

--
Marco Martin