Systemtray breakout notes

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:13:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, January 16, 2014 19:38:30 Mark Gaiser wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > > - the calendar should move into the systray popup
> >
> > Why?
>
> Same reason for moving all the others into the same popup: less visually
> jarring transitions, less different popups.
>
> > The calendar is part of the clock, that will remain the same i suppose?
> > Following that logic, it will never be in the systray at all.
>
> They're supposed to share the same popup. Let's see how this pans out. If
> it
> doesn't work well, bummer. If it does, it could be a really nice
> improvement.

I think this raises another question though - if you add any applet on the
panel, will it also share the systray popup? And if not, which I really
think it should not, then the calendar should stay its own popup because
it's not part of the systray. Also think of configurations where the clock
is not beside the systray, in those configs it would be...bad :)

So imho, keep the calendar to its own popup, it's not part of systray and
it should never be.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer