Notes from "Tooling for Plasma2"

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 13:53:31 UTC 2014

Currently there is a bit of a problem tracking what everyone is doing,
and we all hate updating tables on the wiki.

We also had a play with https://github.com/onepiecejs/nodejs-cantas an
open source "clone" of Trello.
Martin G uses Trello for kwin tracking, and we have used it before in
the company I work for.

It certainly seems very interesting, it has a "Import From Bugzilla"
feature which can import an entire list of bugs from bugzilla. Could
be very useful.

Currently it has two auth systems; kerberos and Google auth. However
it's built on the nodeJS passport system, so hopefully we can just
load the LDAP backend and use it with kde identity.

Maybe we can try it in plasma on someone's personal server, and if we
like it we can ask the sysadmins to set up an official instance for
everyone.

David