System Tray

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 22:18:20 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 13 January 2014 14:01, DmitriyBoyko . <dimitriy.boyko at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using vertial task bar and I think that it would look better if icons
> were not so big (please see attahed file).

if you have a patch please submit it to git.reviewboard.kde.org

> I can't install systemtray2 (the one generated by Plasmate) widget on my
> system, it simply says that it failed (where to look for log?).

there is no plasmate for Qt5/KF5. There is no binary. So you are using
plasmate1 which doesn't support yet KF5/Qt5 because
its not ported yet :)

So in order to test systemtray which is based on KF5/Qt5 just do

* install the frameworks branch of the repository plasmate
* execute on the terminal the command `plasmoidviewer -a
org.kde.plasma.systemtray`

make sure that the output of the command `which plasmoidviewer` is
something like  /opt/kf5/bin/plasmoidviewer

cheers

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)

terietor.org