Notes from session "Community Health"

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 10:46:11 UTC 2014

Right now we have a situation that some people are afraid of posting
to the list, every discussion escalates into an argument, and this
stops us working effectively.

All the issues come down to a lack of trust.

==Actions==

We must all:
 - assume everyone means well with their involvement
 - read emails in a positive light, and not jump to find negative
messages that were not intended.
 - we all need to look at and follow the Code of Conduct better.

Moving forward we want to keep all discussion open; private
discussions about Plasma should be summarised on the mailing list as
soon as possible.

We will ask the community working group to follow the plasma-devel and
to step in if a flamewar starts. At this point we should all try and
take a step back and have a break.

When people approach plasma-devel with new ideas we disagree with, we
should respond with
"We can try it in a new plasmoid on kde-look and let's evaluate the
feedback" and not "No!".

In general everyone at the Plasma sprint is getting along really well,
and the atmosphere is optimistic moving forward.