Error(Cmake) while building PMC

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Tue Jan 14 07:19:39 UTC 2014

The easy solution is, upgrade to/install Kubuntu 13.10 (recommended). From
what I see, you are using a VM so you could just create another one with a
newer version.

Also, take care to not use sudo unless the error has something to do around
permissions/root privileges. Using sudo at the wrong place can be harmful.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all ,
>
>                I'm trying to build PMC on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Kubuntu
> 12.04 LTS on Virtualbox .
> I installed cmake using apt-get and when I run the command
>
> cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
>
> I get the following errors : http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6748925/
>
> When I run the same command with sudo pre-fixed , this is the output log :
> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6748972/
>
> I would also appreciate some help with updating to the required version of
> cmake ?
>
> And since I'm using a version below the 12.10 , the package
> "nepomuk-core-dev" also can't be installed using apt-get .
>

> I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with these issues .
>
> Warm Regards.
>
> Thanking You,
> R.Harish Navnit
> The Enigma <http://harishnavnit.wordpress.com>