Compiling plasma-framework and KDE5

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Feb 1 15:09:15 UTC 2014

Hi Rishav,

On Friday, January 31, 2014 12:59:06 Rishav Thakker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to build KDE5, but I get stuck while compiling plasma-framework,
> kdewebkit, and a few other packages. I'm following instructions given here:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building
>
> I even tried manually building the individual packages, and that's when i
> found out that plasma-framework is not building. I'm getting errors related
> to cmake.

As others have mentioned:

- Make sure you have the frameworks branch of the "kactivities" repository
  installed
- Make sure QtWebKit is installed (it sometimes fails when building because it
  needs ungodly amounts of memory  during linking), but other Qt modules will
  build after that -- it's easy to miss.

One tip: Use kdesrc-build, at least the kactivities problem would not have
happened, since kdesrc-build knows the dependencies.

sebas