Compiling plasma-framework and KDE5

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 12:01:19 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Rishav Thakker
<thakker.rishav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> rishav at rishav-laptop:~/plasma-framework/build$ cmake
>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KF5 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$KF5 ..
>>
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:52 (find_package):
>>
>>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KActivities"
>>
>>   (requested version 5.0.0) with any of the following names:
>>
>>     KActivitiesConfig.cmake
>>
>>     kactivities-config.cmake
>>
>>   Add the installation prefix of "KActivities" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>>
>>   "KActivities_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
>>
>>   "KActivities" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
>>
>>   has been installed.
>>

>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>
>> See also "/home/rishav/plasma-framework/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>>
>> rishav at rishav-laptop:~/plasma-framework/build$

You need to build and install frameworks branch of kactivities first.

And about failure in kdewebkit, have you installed Qt5 webkit widgets
package? check with your distribution to install correct package?

Instead of building manually I suggest to use kdesrc-build. And if you
want to build every framework manually, here is list.
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building/Details

--
Bhushan Shah

http://bhush9.github.io