virtual desktop pager

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 09:55:06 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 03 December 2014 23:28:35 Junfei Geng wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> However, from this picture, it seems that I won't be able to tell which
> desktop I'm currently working in. -- I'm in fact in the Desktop 4.In
> previous version of virtual desktop manager, the currently active desktop
> is "highlighted", so one can easily tell which virtual desktop is active. I
> wonder whether the current virtual desktop pager could incorporate this
> feature to allow identification of the active desktop. Thanks for your
> help,J. Geng

thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately you use a rather dated version.
(4.3 got released in 2009, our latest release in the 4.x series is 4.11 with
our latest release being 5.1). Since 2009 the visuals got reworked several
times and in the latest version it is very easy to recognize which desktop one
is on.

From our side as the upstream developers there is nothing we could do about
it, you would have to contact your distributor to provide a later version of
KDE.

Best Regards
Martin Gräßlin