virtual desktop pager

Junfei Geng jfgeng2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 23:28:35 UTC 2014

Hello,
I've been using KDE for quite a long time. Recently I have installed
CentOS 6.6 at home with KDE window manager:

CentOS 6Theme: Air
Pager version 1.0, KDE4.3.4
One issue I found is as follows (I don't recall I had this in earlier version of KDE).
For the Multiple Desktop Pager, e.g, as in my attached jpeg picture for task panel, I created 8 virtual desktops( 2 rows and 4 columns).These 8 virtual desktops are located at the left side of the panel.

However, from this picture, it seems that I won't be able to tell which desktop I'm currently working in. -- I'm in fact in the Desktop 4.In previous version of virtual desktop manager, the currently active desktop is "highlighted", so one can easily tell which virtual desktop is active.
I wonder whether the current virtual desktop pager could incorporate this feature to allow identification of the active desktop.
Thanks for your help,J. Geng