VDG suggestions and wishes about the system tray

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:25:31 UTC 2014

On Thursday 28 August 2014 19:06:45 David Edmundson wrote:

> I don't understand why we would have an extra state.
>
> If one wants to completely hide a status notifier, don't create a
> status notifier in the first place.

yes, if an application doesn't need it and is visible, it should just not
create/delete it
however if the main window is hidden already and is accessible only via
statusnotifieritem, it shouldn't delete it, again from the thread discussion,
there is the unfortunately common case of applications that use them as little
taskbar entry replacement

--
Marco Martin