VDG suggestions and wishes about the system tray

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 12:28:35 UTC 2014

On 27.08.2014 10:16, Philipp Stefan wrote:
> One question remains though, why do users not want KTorrent to take up
> 22px, but are okay with an indicator for the music player while having
> the music control plasmoid active too.

Just a brief note: I'm not - I disable the media control plasmoid
because it's redundant with the Cantata icon. No doubt you'll find
user systems with both running, though, because enabling the plas-
moid by default wasn't their choice and they don't know how to
turn it off (or don't care enough). The "I put it where I want it"
tends to only happen in connection to stuff that the user con-
sciously conjured up, I think.

Cheers,
Eike