VDG suggestions and wishes about the system tray

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:37:35 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 27 August 2014, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> My personal suggestion (which won't surprise anyone on this list) is to
> move the application status notifiers into the tasks applet. But that's
> not a really easy task and would not interact well with the remaining
> tasks. From my experience it's obvious that users don't want their
> ktorrent to take up any useable space from other applications, but it
> needs to be easily reachable when they want to interact with it.

the idea back in the day was to have the items of categoration
"applicationstatus" in the taskbar, and the hardware status/network etc still
in the systray.

but there were never a design solution that actually worked, since it poses
the exact same problems that are in the systray right now

--
Marco Martin