Wayland protocols

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 14:41:23 UTC 2014

> Personally I don't understand why kamd needs to know the internal Id of a
> window. Is this really needed or could it solved differently (e.g. using
> additional interface/requests which kwin then forwards to kamd)? If not it's
> about time that we express the need for a global id in the xdg_shell.

WIds are mostly for tracking the focussed one. It can go through kwin, I don't
mind, as long as kamd gets document events for specific windows - and get
window events through kwindowsystem.

Note that it is not only about events going from a window to kamd, but also in
the other way. (kamd/slc needs/will need/... to be able to call a method back
in the window sometimes, and get the value - this can go through kwin as well,
but that seems like an unnecessary complication)

What do you think about creating a share-like-connect bof at akademy? We could
discuss this in more details there - slc is the most complex part of the
story.

Ch

--

Cheerio,