Wayland protocols

Pier Luigi Fiorini pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 15:00:48 UTC 2014

>> > What do you need for activities?
>>
>> @Ivan: that falls into your domain - what do you want?
>
> Apart from a list of activities (like we currently have), we need some way to
> keep SLC alive.

Can you elaborate, please?

> Somehow, a window (through libkactivities) needs to be able to tell that it
> contains a document (or more than one, and which one is the currently focused
> one). Currently, this is done using the window ids that are reported back to
> the activity manager daemon which keeps track of them.

I'm not familiar with kactivities but a grep for winId reveals that it
is used by ResourceInstancePrivate::registerResourceEvent, but I don't
understand what does it need to communicate to the compositor.
Windows still has winId() on Wayland, right @Martin?

--
Out of the box experience
http://www.maui-project.org/