Should favourites be shared between launchers, and launcher instances?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Aug 18 12:05:44 UTC 2014

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 17:48:35 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> It would be nice if we could collect the pros and cons of the different
> options, and later decide which one has the most benefits compared to
> downsides.

My opinion, in short: The patch that went in was fine.

To me, Kickoff's favorites are similar to the desktop's places, so it's a
feature to have them shared.

Wether that is to be changed may warrant another discussion, but without a
real usecase, I'd hesitate to do it. Hence, global / per activity favorites
that are shared between instances are just fine to me.
--
sebas