Should favourites be shared between launchers, and launcher instances?

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Aug 10 20:47:06 UTC 2014

One thing that I'd need to point out here (not really a reply to Marco's mail)
- this is mainly about a rather small number of users that do use multiple
launchers at the same time. For that reason, I consider the use-cases of
having two kickoffs at the same time not as important. Especially, if the
pinned applications in the task bar and/or the quicklaunch remain per-
instance.

Yet again, the quicklaunch (IMO) should be implemented in a way that it can be
easily replaced by the folder view or anything similar.**

> anyways, for quick popups with different set of favorites each one there may
> even be an applet by itself, like a quicklaunch port
+1

Cheerio,
Ivan

** a bit offtopic - we also need the way to transition configuration between
instances of 'alternative' plasmoids.

KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/
gpg key id: 850B6F76, keyserver.pgp.com