Wayland protocols

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 19:05:01 UTC 2014

On Thursday 14 August 2014, Pier Luigi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just pushed some initial draft of the Wayland protocols on Github [1]
>
> I need people with knowledge of KF5 and plasmashell to comment it and
> suggest improvements.

just some quick comments after taking a quick glance at
https://github.com/plfiorini/protocols/blob/master/shell.xml

since i'm just getting into it now, those question are mostly to understand it
better myself ;)

* set_position
since often is needed to set position and size, maybe a set_geometry that does
all in one go?

* set_grab_surface
just little clarification: "The surface set by this request will receive a
fake pointer" what exactly is its use case?

* set_desktop_role/set_config_role etc
maybe set_surface_role(output, surface, enum role) ?

* prepare_lock_surfaces: why a separate step from lock()?

* quit: would that be equivalent to logging out?

--
Marco Martin