Testing in Review Requests, was Re: Review Request 119719: Streamline notifications plasmoid

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Aug 12 12:34:37 UTC 2014

On Monday, August 11, 2014 18:19:25 Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Testing
>
> Yup.

A general remark: Can we all be a bit more detailed in this section. It's
pretty useful to note what has been tested exactly. Perceptions on what is
good testing vary wildly, and to me, reading a "yes, I did it" is almost
useless compared to a short description, for example

"Plugged in and out USB stick, no unintended side effects seen"

is much more descriptive, so it eases reviewing. "Yup" could just mean that
the plasmoid has been loaded without crashing, or it could mean that all
config keys have been tested, and so on.

Also, for a reviewer who wants to test the patch, this makes it way easier to
verify the usefulness.

If testing was a binary thing, there's be a checkbox, not an input field. :)

Thanks,
--
sebas