FYI: multi-threaded rendering is disabled in Qt for all of mesa

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Apr 29 09:48:30 UTC 2014

On Monday 28 April 2014 18:34:34 Marco Martin wrote:
> how can be disabled? only setting a variable? doesn't seem to exist a public
> api for that...

I just checked again and I couldn't find public API. What I found are:
* setting QML_BAD_GUI_RENDER_LOOP to 1
* setting QSG_RENDER_LOOP to basic

QSG_RENDER_LOOP overrides QML_BAD_GUI_RENDER_LOOP so it's still possible to
enforce the threaded render loop if QML_BAD_GUI_RENDER_LOOP is set to 1 by
setting QSG_RENDER_LOOP to threaded.

Cheers
Martin