Widget and windeco themes for Plasma Next

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Apr 24 13:48:04 UTC 2014

> I think it was already discussed and mutually decided that the path forward
> is to continue using Oxygen as default widget and windeco for at least the
> first Plasma Next release. The VDG work in these areas will be optional at

I can confirm that this was the (general, but not unanimous) decision.

Oxygen as the default, with the new 'in development' themes as an co-installed
option.

I do get Jens' point that it will not be as consistent as it can be.

But, if you ask me, the first release is not really meant for genpop at all.
But more for those that would like to experiment and try new things.
(I guess this should be communicated better than we did with 4.o)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.
  -- Isaac Asimov