Proposal to hide raw QML errors in Plasma Next

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas giorgos.tsiapaliokas at kde.org
Fri Apr 18 08:40:48 UTC 2014

On Friday 18 of April 2014 10:04:02 Bhushan Shah wrote:
> This is case, but still you are missing two stuffs..
>
> 1) We still have some qDebug and kDebug

kDebug doesn't count because it is deprecated code
which should be replaced.

qDebug is using "default" as its category.

default = false

will remove it from the output.

The problem exists if the developer is writing something
and he is still using qDebug and friends. Then yes the developer
can't filter the output, but he shouldn't use qDebug anyway.

Also even if the qDebug doesn't get ported because it exists in some framework
or something in which the developer doesn't want to spend time fixing it, he
can just turn off everything and enable only his category.

> 2) Debug messages from qml files

Debug messages from qml belong to the "qml"
category. Also the debug messages from qml aren't special.
They also have a type

console.log -> QtDebugMsg,
console.warn -> QtWarningMsg
etc