Proposal to hide raw QML errors in Plasma Next

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 15:49:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 17 April 2014, Mark Gaiser wrote:
> > Does this mean that the console output is also going to be "user
> friendly"?
> > By console output i mean the output you get when you start
> > plasma-desktop from a console.
> >
> > I think that output should be as detailed as possible (aka, not user
> > friendly) which it is right now.
>
> nothing to do with it.
>
> for console output, there is one and only one solution. go and hunting
> every
> error message, fixing it properly
>
> --
> Marco Martin

+1, I would like to add though that we should probably adopt a 0 qDebug
policy as well.

It's useful to have them when working on a feature, but having things like:
plasma_shell(27403)/(systemtray) SystemTray::Task::setStatus: ST2 status
changed  2
plasma_shell(27403)/(qml) onCompleted: WindowModel(0x4cd9a50)

Is random and makes it harder to debug the actual problems.

Aleix