Visual design for logout/login/lockscreen

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:50:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM, wrote:

> On Monday 07 April 2014, Andrew Lake wrote:
> > Is it possible to use the svg css to change the color of the
> > login/logout/etc. icons like we're doing for the notifications?
>
> the issue is that atm you can only say things like "be the text color"
> that is
> global for the theme tough, while in that case would be just a "local"
> modification, that is not possible at the moment.

Ahh got it. Then yeah, for now, the simplest approach may be a new theme
svg file containing the visual assets for unified login/logout/lockscreen
visuals. The theme guidance for this file could be that foreground and
background colors should be swapped since the assets are used in an
inverted color environment. I delivered an initial batch of some mockup
assets to David as separate svgs already, but it should be easy for me to
package them up into one svg for the plasma theme.

> Actually, my wet dream would be to be able to change dinamically the class
> of
> the id per svg item in qml, so would be possible to do things like icons
> being
> colored to the selection blue on mouse over or things like that... still
> not
> sure how to do that tough :/
>
> Yeah, something like that'd *really* be nice. Like parsable color or class
switching parameters in an ImageProvider url that could replace element
classes or even just temporarily change the colors in the svg:style css
element for an svg file. Visual designers' dreams... :-)

Andrew