Visual design for logout/login/lockscreen

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:35:13 UTC 2014

On Monday 07 April 2014, David Edmundson wrote:
> I need to make a login screen based on Plasma 2 components regardless.
> I think it's worth going for.
>
> I started writing some QML up yesterday; but I have some problems with
> doing in the white text/icons on a dark background in a manner that
> doesn't horribly suck.

text should work fine as long as is Label (buttons and lineedits should just
stay as they are)
so Label {
	color: theme.backgroundColor
}
and that's it.

for icons, unfortunately thay need to have inverted color themselves, at least
at the moment
so it can be either:
* in icons the file login.svgz contains all the needed icon files, but they
are all inverted, therefore won't be possible to use them elsewhere
* or, there would be a single svg file for the whole login/logout thing, so it
contains more the stuff with inverted colors in one single file, also the
icons would be elements of that file (wouldn't be possible to use IconItem,
but a normalSvgItem would have to be used... who cares ;)

--
Marco Martin