Visual design for logout/login/lockscreen

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:13:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer  wrote:

> Btw: How did you decide which power options to always show and which to
> hide
> behind the dropdown? This is a delicate topic: There are good reasons for
> placing things like suspend and hibernate more prominently because they
> make
> sense from a technical perspective, while many users (pretty much all non-
> developers I know) seem to prefer shutdown.
>
> Easy, I didn't decide. :-)  I've honestly heard somewhat credible reasons
from both sides, so I tried to put together something that accommodates
either showing all actions or moving some into an overflow menu. My own
warm fuzzies say put suspend and hibernate in the overflow menu (sorta like
we do today). Sometimes warm fuzzies are enough to make a decision,
sometimes they're not. :-)

Hope this helps,
Andrew