[kde-promo] Plasma Next Alpha release notes

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:18:29 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 01 April 2014 13:10:42 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Martin Klapetek
>
> <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Plus the idea with "by KDE" was to be only this additional touch, it
> > shouldn't really be mentioned/used as the "new name", so I'd rather
> > change
> > the name as "Plasma Next Alpha 1, by KDE" or similar, but not put the
> > "Plasma by KDE" as the new name.
>
> More on this^: we used the "Glade by Brise" as an example, look at the
> image: http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/440/417/440417391_640.jpg
>
> this is how it was intended to be used, sort of "below" the name Plasma,
> the "by KDE" part should have less weight than the "Plasma" part and be
> there just to keep the connection, but shouldn't be used as the new
> standalone name.

After reading, I decided I agreed with you, and wrote both a short sentence
in the introduction:
Plasma Next is planned to be released as 2014.06 on the 17th of June.
And a longer, separate one later on:
A note on versioning and naming: The code name "Plasma Next" always points to
the upcoming release of Plasma. The current Alpha will be 2014.06, released
in June of this year. If the team opts for a 6 month release cycle (still to
be determined) Plasma Next will mean 2014.12 once 2014.06 is out.

Check the article and tell me what you think:
http://dot.kde.org/2014/04/02/kde-releases-alpha-version-next-gen-plasma-workspace

Feedback welcome.