private import names

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Sep 25 10:17:52 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:07:55 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 September 2013 11:41:36 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > Import names. As we can't use our setContextProperty tricks in subclassed
> > Applets anymore, we'll have to resort more often to installing imports
> > that
> > are very specific (i.e. not libraries per se, but more like C++ portions
> > needed for a certain applet). Examples are Kickoff, Icon, and the dreaded
> > systray. I suggest to use "org.kde.plasma.private.$widgetname" for this,
> > so
> > we can filter for these imports later on, when our import security has
> > been
> > implemented. Objections? (No objections means that I'll change it.)
>
> first,
> get out of my mind

Never! :)

> I was thinking to something even more radical, that we can try to have
> consistent in whole kde (since i suspect a lot of other modules will have
> qml  imports such as kdepim, or many other apps, such as games, kdeedu...)
>
> so something like private.org.kde.plasma.widgetname or
> .org.kde.private.plasma.widgetname

The leading . is purposeful?

> the first would take a "private" at the first level, that maybe is not too
> nice, but the nice part is that it would always be
> private.$widgetpluginname  that has some beauty (and easy filtering) in it

I'm cool with private at the beginning, I actually don't care too much, as
long as it's consistent. This has been spooking around my mind since I ship-
it'ed Bhushan's Icon port, I just like to get rid of this nagging feeling that
we have to change something there. And I'm running into the exact same in the
systray port.

sebas