private import names

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Sep 25 09:41:36 UTC 2013

Hey,

Import names. As we can't use our setContextProperty tricks in subclassed
Applets anymore, we'll have to resort more often to installing imports that
are very specific (i.e. not libraries per se, but more like C++ portions
needed for a certain applet). Examples are Kickoff, Icon, and the dreaded
systray. I suggest to use "org.kde.plasma.private.$widgetname" for this, so we
can filter for these imports later on, when our import security has been
implemented. Objections? (No objections means that I'll change it.)

sebas