please help

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Sep 13 01:14:14 UTC 2013

Hi Kaushik,

Welcome to KDE! :)

On Friday, September 13, 2013 02:15:59 kaushik varanasi wrote:
> I am interested in the KDE plasma media centre project and would like to
> contribute for it.But I am a bit new to open source. I know c++ at an
> average level. Can anyone please assist me on where to begin. Thanks in
> advance and sorry if the question is a bit naive.

CC:ing this list, so your email gets caught by the right people who can get
you going.

A very good guide how we work in general can be found at
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started#Building_and_Running_KDE_Software_From_Source

In general, techbase.kde.org is a very good resource. You can also pop by the
#plasma channel on Freenode to find us.

sebas