Activities API

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 12 13:09:00 UTC 2013

On Friday, September 6, 2013 21:25:19 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> In the current activities api, we were tried to make a synchronous api to
> something that is async - dbus.

after sending my last email which was really just a knee-jerk response to the
question being posed i stepped back for a moment and asked myself: do we
really need the Info class?

we’ll be using this mostly from from QML .. and always from Qt based apps. the
Info class is for information retrieval: all the control is in Controller
after all.

so would it make sense to have a model instead? models support fetching of
data on request, making delayed loading a possibility. it could go as far as
having Consumer return that model.

as an added bonus, it would be possible to make multiple instances of the
model share the data behind the scenes: so no matter how many models are in
use there would only ever be one copy of the data. things like
Consumer::listActivities could also share that string list data with the model
if we wanted to try and really squeeze more out of it.