4.11 is out .. kde-workspace to qt5?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 5 22:21:54 UTC 2013

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 23:16:51 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> It will already stumble over Qt5. Isn't that clear enough? (Open question,
> to me, that would be clear, others?)

unfortunately no. i made a commitment to help ease concerns that we would have
it print out a nice fat warning telling people that they need to check out the
KDE/4.11 branch instead.

but that’s a simple matter of a message() block in the top level
CMakeLists.txt, so not a huge effort.

the kdesrc-build testing will be the bigger job, and even that should
hopefully not be huge as mpyne already did some work in kdesrc-build to make
things easier.

> I'm reworking our todo lists on the wiki right now, basically making those

awesome, thanks :)

> that say "QML or Plasma2 porting" all relate to Plasma2, and apply the
> definition of done to "works in Plasma2". I think that's another step to get
> many people rolling.

agreed