4.11 is out .. kde-workspace to qt5?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Sep 5 21:16:51 UTC 2013

On Thursday, September 05, 2013 17:32:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all ...
>
> so, Plasma Workspaces 4.11.1 is out. lots of Qt5/KF5 porting is happening in
> the various repo branches, which is awesome, and we had previously
> discussed switching over master of kde-workspace to KF5 to ease this
> process.
>
> this email is intended to do 2 things:
>
> 1) if you have objections to doing this, say so now or forever hold your
> peace
> 2) build a TODO list of what needs doing
>
> so .. things that need doing:
>
> Pre-switch tasks:
>
> * the CMakeLists.txt needs to output a usefully verbose error message when
> it only finds kdelibs 4.x and not kf5.

It will already stumble over Qt5. Isn't that clear enough? (Open question, to
me, that would be clear, others?)

I'm reworking our todo lists on the wiki right now, basically making those
that say "QML or Plasma2 porting" all relate to Plasma2, and apply the
definition of done to "works in Plasma2". I think that's another step to get
many people rolling.

Otherwise, yes, let's move to master!

sebas