Introducing Milou

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Sep 5 11:17:06 UTC 2013

On Thursday 05 Sep 2013 12:04:29 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> it would be extremely simple to add such a “kind of search result” feature
> to AbstractRunner and QueryMatch, and would be a rather nice addition.

Yup. Hence this thread to bring up the discussion.

The type is also called "Calculator" - http://vhanda.in/milou_calc.png

> and obviously there is something “wrong” with the
> AbstractRunner/RunnerManager/QueryMatch API since people keep feeling like
> they have to reinvent it for the most trivial and unnecessary of reasons.

The reasons while not technical are more pragmatic. I want to ship this and
get it in the hands of the users, right now (Or within a month). With a 6
month release cycle, and Plasma being frozen, this becomes much harder. I'm
sure you can respect that.

It goes without saying that these features should go into the Plasma Runner
API.

--
Vishesh Handa