Introducing Milou

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:48:59 UTC 2013

On Thursday 05 September 2013, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > > The idea I had is to create some common components that will be usable
> > > everywhere - from krunner, through lancelot/shelf to kickoff and other
> > > menu
> > > alternatives.
> >
> > as in result delegate items?
>
> So far, customizable delegates and views. Lists, and icons.

i tried something like that back in the days in active for items in the file
browser, main containment etc.
I felt the result was a bit heavy and slightly clumsy, but perhaps can be used
to learn to do a better one.

one thing that comes to mind tough, is if we can't even agree on the
framework, that people keep reinventing almost identical ones, how could we
agree on a standard set of components for delegates, where people have have
even more opinions? :p

I mean, I'm all for that, and I'm all for more and more stylistical unity in
the design.
It needs everybody to collaborate on that, even if sometimes will take a way
longer route to scratch an itch.

Cheers,
Marco Martin