documentation on QMLSceneGraph internals

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 3 11:45:25 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 13:36:54 Marco Martin wrote:
> the downside is that isn't exactly intuitive how is written: has quite some
> boilerplate and easy to get wrong...

sounds like a perfect candidate for being put into kdeexamples for other
people to copy and paste.

we should start a branch in kdeexamples that removes or ports all the examples
currently there for plasma so that when Plasma.next() is released we’ll be
ready with lots of beautiful examples demonstrating best practices for people
to use.

> we could either try to make it more automagic (but will always require some
> level of understanding) or just make it right the most used applets in a
> default setup, that would already give quite an edge in the average use case

i think this is a sane approach at least to start with. perhaps we’ll see an
opportunity to refactor this into something more automagic later, but let’s
aim to get this right at least for the plasmoids *we* ship.