Activities in Plasma2

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Oct 18 13:08:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

The new library API is done, needs yet to be merged into fr-sc branch. I
haven't changed the service API, and I don't plan to do so for the time
being (the big changes already happened in 4.x). I'm writing a few tests to
commit before the merge.

As for the branch, we could say that kactivities master should go to
kf5-mode like the workspace has. I'd like that more than having two 'main'
branches, especially since 4.x version will receive no further updates.

For all clients of the library, it is *very* important to check for the
status (Consumer::serviceStatus, Info::...) before relying on the returned
values. When I merge the changes, everything will be perfectly specified in
the docs (it already is, but in a branch :) ).

Cheerio,
Ivan

On 18 October 2013 14:58, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>> I now have in the branch mart/useActivities of plasma-framework a port of
>> the shell for activity usage. It means that now as in plasma1 the desktop
>> containment depends from the current activity (we also have a cute and fast
>> switching animation now that we couldn't have in plasma1, yay :D).
>>

> One important thing i was reminded of..
> if kactivities becomes required and gets build by jenkins,
> frameworks-scratch should become frameworks
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martn

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard