Review Request 113078: start porting systemmonitor, step 1 hwinfo applet

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 12:04:30 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> * create a QML import that contains all of the monitors as individual QML
> items.

Looks cool to me.. Will resultant QML import go into plasma-framework or
kde-workspace?

> * create a stand-alone plasmoid that wraps those monitors

Currently we provide individual system monitor as well as combined
plasmoid, will it be same?

> * design a way to allow the kind of scripting/control that we see in
> popular packages like conkie to allow re-use of these components; perhaps
> the best way to do this would be to provide a small designer tool that
> would let one define the order of components and what they should be
> showing which would then export a finished plasmoid implementing that
> design.

Few days ago I had one project in my mind.. Konky (from Conky) which is
plasma themed conky.. On which you can load conky scripts.. It's still idea
and need implementation.. Need suggestion on this... :)

Thanks!