kded5 and kde-workspace

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:09:22 UTC 2013

Funny this is the kind of thing that could just be
avoided if projects stopped using the
org.kde.kded DBus interface and instead registered
their own. I for example don't need to do any change
because I register org.kde.apperd interface so if tomorrow
I decide to use a stand alone approach for the module
it won't break everything calling it.

Maybe it would be a good thing to do that for KDED
modules on 5.

2013/11/21 Àlex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 20 November 2013 20:47:54 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
>> Hey there
>>
>> Today I have been porting powerdevil and while doing it found out that kded5
>> was not loading any modules and many kde-workspace projects were using
>> org.kde.kded instead of the one ended with .kded5
>>
>> Tomorrow I'd like to push a local commit that changes all org.kde.kded for
>> org.kde.kded5 (which we will have to change again but more about that in a
>> later email), and will effectively make kde-workspace and plasma-framework
>> depend on kded5.
>>
>> In order to make kded5 load modules, you have to have KDE_SESSION_VERSION
>> set to 5, so add that to your "set kde5 environment" script.
>>
>> So please, adapt your environment asap, I'd like to push this tomorrow so we
>> can do testing of the kf5 KDEDModules instead of kded4.
>>
>> Cheers !
>
> Change pushed, please set KDE_SESSION_VERSION to 5 so we can get some testing
> to kded !

Daniel Nicoletti

KDE Developer - http://dantti.wordpress.com