minutes Monday Plasma hangout

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 15:50:06 UTC 2013

On Monday 04 November 2013, Martin Klapetek wrote:

> How is that more maintenance for us if the code lives standalone (compared
> to being part of SDDM or whatever)? It would be moreless the same codebase,
> just in a different directory.
>
> > The worst case scenario is that users do not get a splash screen.
>
> Which is actually "we're going to make the user experience worse".

is a "making the experience worse for everyone" or making the experience worse
for who doesn't have the recommended software.
That btw would be fixed when lightdm maintainers implment the interface for
doing the splashscreen on their side.
It's similar to the systray: we offer a protocol for making things work
better, alongside one implementation, is then choice of other projects wether
support it or not

Cheers,
Marco Martin