Battery Monitor revamp

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 30 20:38:04 UTC 2013

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 16:51:16 Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Is the graphic ok that way? Dunno what I could do about the other issue you
> mentioned but it has been that for years now and doesn't really matter at
> the usual size.

it's not a requirement, just a nice to have. i do notice it at usual sizes
even :) but don't worry about it. it's not a regression.

> What's missing now before the battery monitor can go into master?
>  - Discussion about remaining time.

the discussion has been had and done a long time ago. nothing left to discuss
at this point.

>  - Once I commit the new battery icon I will remove the overlay and move it
> below the icon when not constrained. Settings dialog will then also go.

cool...

>  - I guess needs some testing on RTL layout? Don't know how to test that
> though and from what I can tell QML mirrors the anchoring then, so it should
> all just work[tm] ?

yes, it should Just Work(tm). note that you can test these things by passing
the -reverse flag to the application on the command line.