[RFC] Moving Wishlist Items to Brainstorm

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat May 25 12:47:38 UTC 2013

On Saturday, May 25, 2013 08:58:49 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> My first suggestion is to move from now on all "wishes" to
> brainstorm.forum.kde.org. Bugzilla is quite unsuited for feature requests as
> we don't have any way to figure out whether the feature is just a one users

+1

> Now the more difficult topic as it involves the existing database: closing
> all existing wishlist items. In my opinion if we agree on using brainstorm
> the logical consequence is to close also all existing feature requests.
> That's again something I did for KWin just with a difference. For KWin we
> were able to look at each feature request and give a reason on why the
> feature request doesn't make sense.

what we could do for the plasma ones is schedule an hour a week (or twice a
week?) and take them in batches and see if it is possible to work through them
quickly enough. if not, we can take the Big Hatchet to them all. i don't want
to do this on my own, but if we can get 2-3 others, we could parallelize this
into submission. we'll need to be brutal: only compelling and implementable
feature requests would be kept.

> I had a look at whether Plasma devs use the wishlist reports. So here are

i can confirm your findings: we don't use them. :)