[RFC] Moving Wishlist Items to Brainstorm

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Sat May 25 08:03:16 UTC 2013

In data sabato 25 maggio 2013 08:58:49, Martin Graesslin ha scritto:

As someone involved in the forum day to day, here are some comments.

> My first suggestion is to move from now on all "wishes" to
> brainstorm.forum.kde.org. Bugzilla is quite unsuited for feature requests as

That would be fine, provided that you bear a number of points in mind:

1. We had to disable idea moderation because (despite two public calls) no one
stepped up to do the job, so all ideas are posted. GCI students helped us
clean a bit, though
2. If wishlists are dumped there, unless someone takes a peek every now and
then (notice that I don't mean developers: I mean any contributor) it's not
going to make a difference (rug under the carpet).

That said, voting etc might be useful to do some pre-screening on feature.
Although votes are not a useful metric per se, my last experiment with scoring
Brainstorm ideas put genuinely useful ideas at top.

But keep in mind point 2 from above: if it's just a dumping ground, you'll get
rid of a frustration to get another one in.

Also, if there is a plan on using Brainstorm as is, perhaps some pubicity
might be needed (currently it's very low on the radar).

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter