Battery Monitor revamp

Andreas Demmer mail at andreas-demmer.de
Fri May 24 10:58:43 UTC 2013

Hi!

> as some have already seen on my G+ page, I'm currently doing a
> complete UX revamp of the battery monitor plasmoid.

Great work, looks really stunning! :-)

> What's missing:
>   - Remaining time. There is no "global" category anymore and since we
> discourage and removed the option for displaying remaining time, I
> didn't see the need to implement it in solod so we can show it in eg.
> the battery advanced properties

Oh noes! Please restore this option since it is crucial (well, for me at
last). IMHO it would be a much more beloved feature if it was not hidden and
could be enabled not only by modifying the config file.

> Please test and give me feedback

Just from looking at your screen: All information is shown by default, right?
Would it be an improvement having the additional batteries (mouse etc.)
collapsed by default?

>What’s  broken:
>   - Backlight controls detection

Just for my curisosity: I have an HP Envy 14 Spectre with backlit keys that
may have 4 steps of brightness: off, low, med, high. Would I be able to set
the brightness via GUI if you sort out the existing issues? Wow..

Yours,
Andreas

--
http://www.andreas-demmer.de