Usability issue in the task bar applet

Veeti Paananen veeti.paananen at rojekti.fi
Tue May 21 10:27:38 UTC 2013

On 21/05/13 12:56, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> I must say that the screenshot really looks like not being translucent. So you
> might have hit a problem that in a composited environment Plasma picks the
> non-composited background. Can you please confirm that you see a visual
> difference in the panel when toggling desktop effects (Alt+Shift+F12)?
>
> Please also post the output of
> qdbus org.kde.kwin /KWin supportInformation
>
> to a paste.
>
> --
> Martin Gräßlin

It is. The KDE "start menu" also has a translucent effect. The
screenshot doesn't show it very well, but another part of the task bar
clearly shows the desktop background below.

The grayscale icons are just as problematic with and without
compositing/effects and this problem is not changed by the effects in
any way.