Usability issue in the task bar applet

Eike Hein eikehein at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:03:53 UTC 2013

FWIW, IMHO the real problem there is that the task manager uses the generic
Disabled icon effect via KIconEffects, instead of using the "Panel"
category. If
it used the proper category, the user could disable this effect
specifically only
for the panel via Icons -> Advanced in System Settings.

Unfortunately I have not been able to correct this bug in the QML port,
because
the QML bindings we currently have to KIconEffects are quite indirect by way
of the icon item's active prop, and there is no way to tell it what icon
category
to use. This would either need a QML API extension in libplasma1, which the
Plasma team is very reluctant to do these days, or me forking the component,
which I'm quite reluctant to do myself.