Usability issue in the task bar applet

Eike Hein eikehein at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:23:44 UTC 2013

> > good way to disable that behavior, is indeed quite unpopular over in
> #kde.
> it is relevant. If it works fine in the composited setup, then the problem
> is
> not that it's put to grayscale, but that the contrast in the non-composited
> setup is too bad. Which would mean that should be fixed. But it doesn't
> question whether it's overall bad.

In that case: It's still bad in a composited setup with the default theme
according
to many users, and while it doesn't bother me personally as I have
different usage
habits, I can see their point. It comes down to what on considers more
important
info to have - the icon color to recognize the app by, or an overt tell for
minimized
state.