Default activity naming issues

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 16 08:40:09 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 16:19:07 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 May 2013 15:31:16 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > Welcome is nice, but again, not a real activity (link to Welcome and
> > similar).
>
> Yeah, I guess it comes from some of the adjustments I have in mind for the
> overall activity workflow. I'd like a default activity which is the one I
> get when I login, it'd always be in a clean state (no application started).
> And at any point in time I could say "save as a new activity" it'd take the
> whole content and move it in the new activity (emptying this "default
> activity" again).

so it would work differently depending on whether you are starting from the
magical first activity or not?

duplicating activities (which is what "save as" would be) would be easy enough
to accomplish .. it would mean potentially duplicating a fair amount of data
(it isn't just about windows, obviously) but would probably be very useful.