Nepomukcontroller rewritten in QML

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Mar 20 20:03:22 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, 2013-03-20, Jörg Ehrichs wrote:
> > One question
> > - Would it make more sense to show the feeder config dlg rather than the
> > generick nepomuk one?
>
> Ah I remember I wanted to fix this. I wanted to show this, but the call to:
> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources
> returns an empty dialog all the time, while the dialog works like a charm
> in the system settings environment. So there is a trick somewhere I haven't
> yet found.

Well, the feeder agent's configure dialog can be invoked via D-Bus
See the configure method of interface org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.Control

Anyway, since I am already responding :)
The kcmshell4 call above results in an empty dialog because the module's
parameter list is empty and this is the MIME type filter to use.
Unfortunately "empty" does not default to "all MIME types", but that is hard
to change without potentially introducing unwanted behavioral change.

However, such arguments can be passed, e.g. showing all email related
resources
kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources --args message/rfc822

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring