Now Listen plasmoid

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Mar 19 23:44:37 UTC 2013

On 19/03/13 23:38, Malcer wrote:
> Hi Alex! How are you? I hope well. :)
>
> I'm going to the point: I'm the creator of Caledonia, a plasma theme, and I
> like your plasmoid... but exist a problem.
>
> Since a few versions, I don't succeed to change the CD case in the plasmoid if
> the song don't have mask (the album artwork, I mean). Before this, the CD case
> could be changed in plasma themes, in concrete with a SVG file called
> "nocover", in the folder "widgets > nowplaying".
>
> Now the plasmoid is QML, if I'm not mistaked, and I want to change the CD case
> with the plasma theme, as the old "Now playing" plasmoid.
>
> Is this possible? I'm wrong about how to change this piece of art? Can you
> help me to this (or enable this possibility in a next release)?

I investigated this, and there does not seem to be an easy way to do it
with QML plasmoids.  If you just ask for something "from the theme", you
can't provide a default in the plasmoid.  To get something from the
plasmoid, you have to explicitly get it from there, and it can't then be
overridden in the theme.

I'm CCing the plasma-devel list; does anyone know if there's a good
solution for this?

Alex